Decayed Supporting Tooth
Veneers cannot get cavities, but the natural teeth that hold the prostheses are still susceptible to decay. When the supporting tooth is damaged, it is possible for the veneer to dislodge.
Improper Application Of Veneers
The success of the installation of veneers lies in the hands of a skilled dentist. Once the prostheses are applied in the wrong way, chances are, they will fall off.
Chipped, Cracked, Or Worn Down Veneers
We at Lakeshore Dental Studio use porcelain to fabricate veneers. This type of material is known to be very durable. Nevertheless, porcelain veneers are not exempted to breakage like the real pearly whites. The patient should treat their prostheses properly to ensure their longevity.
Tips to prolong the lifespan of veneersPeople can take advantage of porcelain veneers for ten to twenty years depending on how they give the right care. Here are some points that everyone should remember:
- Like the natural teeth, vigorous brushing is a no-no for veneers as well. Be as gentle as possible when cleaning the prostheses. Pick a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste without abrasive contents.
- Do not try to open packages using veneers to avoid chipping or breaking them.
- Keep the aesthetics of veneers intact by limiting your consumption of staining food and beverages.
- If you are into sports, ask the dentist for a mouthguard. Same goes if you are suffering from bruxism. Teeth protectors are necessary to safeguard both the teeth and the prostheses against possible damage.
- See the dentist for cleanings and checkups every six months.
Do not hesitate to visit us!We at Lakeshore Dental Studio is always ready to assist our patients regarding their dental concerns. Once the signs mentioned above are noticed, feel free to ask for our help. We will make sure to attend to your queries and unique dental needs.
Bring out your best smile with porcelain veneers under General Dentistry Services in Chicago, IL. Book your appointments with Lakeshore Dental Studio! Visit us at 5505 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60640, USA so that you will experience outstanding results to make your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.